Culinary Art is the art of cooking and presenation of food. It also includes the area of study like butchery, food safety, human nutritio, manufacture of food items and many others. The Culinary Arts Diploma is the course that follows industry trends and market needs applying modern concepts about food and food production. The diploma program aims to prepare students for careers in the foodservice industry in restaurants and hotels that will lead to supervisory / managerial positions in the near future. The program offers a combination of classroom theory, practical application and industrial training.
- Identify and properly use a variety of Food Service Goals, equipments and basic key food ingredients in a production kitchen
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge required of culinarious and apply then in a commerical kitchen operation
- Apply knowledge of safety and samitation in a kitchen/classroom environment
- Demonstate an understanding of purchasing in the hospitality industry by writing food specification applying purchasing practices, interpreting market trends and using new technology applications
- Demonstrate this personal and professinal ethics and interpersonal skills tat are expected in the workplace